Kids are cute especially when they are not yours and you won't need to take care of them or rush after them when they run or cure their wounds when they cut their knees or clean their poop, pee and puke. But then, they are still cute even if they are yours because when they are yours, they can give you selfless love that they cannot give to others.
I admit it. Raising a child is not easy at all. And I know I am not the only one who experiences this because every parent will. And we have to admit it too that no matter how much we love our little ones, there are still ugly truths that could be one of the reasons why some people refuse to have kids.
1. While eating your fave food, you suddenly smell something "distinct". Worse is, you won't just smell it, sometimes you've got to scoop it and you would need to wash it off. You are lucky when poop is just in the diaper and not everywhere.
2. But it doesn't end there. You could also bathe in pee while on bed. The towel is there to save you. Toss it on top and go back to sleep.
3. Then as you were starting to dose off, someone's gonna scream and cry out loud. And you need to give them a hug until they hush.
4. Morning comes and you did not even get enough sleep but breakfast needs to be done. After cooking, you need to feed your kids and sometimes you forget to feed yourself. Now your kid could either be a picky-eater or eats just anything and everything.
5. When you are unlucky, they might even puke what you have cooked and you have to clean the mess- both on your kiddo and on the floor or on anywhere it got into.
6. And so bath time comes. It is this moment when you get your clothes wet even if you are not bathing yet.
7. Letting the kids take their vitamins is one challenging moment. Sometimes you wish you have the power to stretch your arms so you can let your kid take their meds without the need to ran after them, pin them down or hold their heads to open their mouths. After all your effort, they'll spit it.
8. Cleaning the house is never fun especially with the kids around. You'd just be cleaning over and over again.
9. Not to mention clutter. And I mean lots and lots of clutter.
10. And they'll break and destroy things just like how my daughter stepped on my eye glasses, vomited on my laptop and stepped on my 2month old Samsung Galaxy S4.
11. They are very needy and demanding too and will ask you to do almost everything for them. And there goes the endless "I want this and I want that or I don't like this and that."
12. But you've to get used to it especially their honest words like how ugly you look with your new hair or how your breath stinks.
13. You'd also wish you can fly when the kids start running around the house or they start climbing anywhere they want to thinking they are lizards or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
14. And when they move too much, they'll most likely hurt themselves turning you into an instant doctor.
15. And just when you think that your exhausting moment has ended for nap time, you are totally wrong for kids hate to sleep. Good luck with that.
But all these are what make kids beautiful. It is difficult to be a mother but despite all that, kids are lovely and they are the only people whom you could love more than love can define and who will love you in return without doubts, without buts and without ifs.
These doesn't make us regret of having kids. It actually makes everything even more thrilling and challenging. Anyway, our little ones will not be kids forever. So we cherish every moment- beautiful or not.