When are kids are sick, we would tend to consult Dr. Google and seek for some answers on what we would do in order to address the condition of our kids. No doubt, the internet is very much helpful in providing us everything that we need- even for medical conditions.
But of course, it is still better to see a doctor who can give us an exact diagnosis because what we can find online are general recommendations and are mostly for first aid or home remedies. And the advice would always include "see your doctor" in the end.
So, would it be nice if we can actually consult a doctor online? Of course! This means that you can immediately consult a doctor while at home. This kind of service is made available by Doctor On Demand which is created by Adam Jackson and Jay McGraw with his father, Dr. Phil as an adviser. It can be accessed online through their website or the Doctor On Demand app.
I am sure you are curious about Doctor on Demand. Let us talk about its many advantages first before we look into how it works.
1. For urgent checkups, you can easily call a doctor using the app with an accurate diagnosis.
2. If the kids are the ones who are sick, then you will save them from further exposure to bacteria by not going outside.
3. You can save a lot of time and you will not be sitting on the waiting room for long hours just to see a doctor.
4. You will be talking to doctors who are board certified, highly educated and have years of experience.
5. You can also save money since one 15 minute costs a flat fee of $40 which is equal or even lesser than the cost of an insurance deductible. It is also cheaper than paying for a doctor's visit.
6. The doctor is always "in". You don't want to worry about going to the clinic only to find out that it is still close or the doctor is not there.
7. And of course, with the Doctor On Demand App, it means that you can consult a doctor, anytime and anywhere you are! Yup, that is definitely a doctor on the go!
But you can't use Doctor on Demand for life-threatening conditions like chest pain/pressure, poisoning, seizures, serious head, neck or back injury, or broken bones. You can use it for:
• Cold, flu, cough, fever, allergies
• Urinary Tract Infections
• Pediatric fever, advice or other issues
• Depression and anxiety concerns
• Possible sinus infections
• Rashes / bites / skin problems
• Sports Injuries, Athlete’s Foot
• Smoking cessation
• Back pain
• Breastfeeding questions
• Mental and emotional health issues and concerns
• General medical questions, “Should I go in for this or not?”
The Doctor On Demand AppThe service can be used by downloading the Doctor On Demand App which is available on Apple iTunes and Google Play Stores. Or you can also access their website as well. After doing that, this allows you to speak to a board certified physician while at home for non emergency medical issues.
To use it, you have to make an account first which is quick and easy because their website is easy to navigate and is user friendly. Once you decide to see a doctor, you will be asked to fill out information about your symptoms, allergies and current medications. This way, it will be easier for the doctors to diagnose your condition. You will also be asked to enter data about a pharmacy near you where you can pick your medicine.
After that, you will be asked to enter your payment information. For first time visits, you can use the code HEARTSTRING which will grant you a free consultation. Then you will be connected in seconds to a board certified and friendly physician who will be asking you questions about how you feel or how your child feels if they are the ones you are consulting for.
Apparently, this is a very quick and convenient service because if you are prescribed a medicine, you can just drop by the nearest pharmacy who is already informed about the medicine you need. Great, right? Definitely time-saving indeed!
For more information about how a Video Visit on Doctor on Demand works, here is a video which will surely make you feel excited about getting your first checkup.
But in my case, I wasn't able to use the service because I am from the Philippines. It would be nice if we have that here too! It will surely be a great improvement for the country's medical services. But as of now, my readers from the US can avail of the services from Doctor On Demand. Do not forget to use the unique code "HEARTSTRING" on your first visit so you can do that for free.
With Doctor On Demand, everything will be easy and hassle-free. And a huge plus to that are the proficient and board certified you can talk to right in the comforts of your home!