Coloring Books for Adults to Combat Stress11:09:00 PM
Feeling stressed out after a day's work? If you are a stay-at-home mom like me, I am sure you had been doing so many chores from cooking to cleaning. Well, it is indeed tiring especially when looking after the kids. But hey mom, you deserve some break. You can either read a book, watch movies, play games with the kids or maybe even do some coloring!
Yes, you got it right. Coloring for adults is a good way to release stress. It is a feel good activity where you get to play with colors. You'd definitely feel like a child again while doing this. As a matter of fact, you can join your little ones while they are coloring. But get your own coloring book. No, these aren't the coloring books like the kids use because coloring books for adults have complicated designs. I am sure these are so fun to color!
The Huffington Post stressed out that coloring has a de-stressing power. This occurs because we focus on coloring and we forget our worries and problems. Psychologist Gloria Martínez Ayala said, "The action involves both logic, by which we color forms, and creativity, when mixing and matching colors. This incorporates the areas of the cerebral cortex involved in vision and fine motor skills [coordination necessary to make small, precise movements]. The relaxation that it provides lowers the activity of the amygdala, a basic part of our brain involved in controlling emotion that is affected by stress."
So, I created a round up of these books for you.
1. Secret Garden: An Inky Treasure Hunt and Coloring Book
2. Enchanted Forest: An Inky Quest & Coloring Book
3. Balance (Angie's Extreme Stress Menders Volume 1)
4. Mystical Mandala Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
5. Detailed Designs and Beautiful Patterns (Sacred Mandala Designs and Patterns Coloring Books for Adults) (Volume 28)
6. Flower Designs Coloring Book (Volume 1)
7. Dover Creative Haven Art Nouveau Animal Designs Coloring Book (Creative Haven Coloring Books)
8. Paisley Designs Coloring Book (Dover Design Coloring Books)
9. Enchanting English Garden: An Inkcredible Scavenger Hunt and Coloring Book
10. Pattern and Design Coloring Book (Volume 1)
11. Creative Haven NatureScapes Coloring Book (Creative Haven Coloring Books)
12. Dream Catcher: a soul bird's journey: A beautiful and inspiring colouring book for all ages
13. The Language of Flowers Coloring Book (Dover Nature Coloring Book)
14. Adult Coloring Book: Stress Relieving Patterns
15. Creative Haven Creative Cats Coloring Book (Creative Haven Coloring Books)
When you color, don't use colored pens. Crayons are the best to use when coloring. Aside from the ones above, there are still more lovely coloring books for adults that you can choose from.
I am sure that this is a fun activity to do especially when you feel so stressed and tired.