No Bake, No Yeast Glazed Donuts3:45:00 PM
I always wanted to try making doughnuts. Not the baked ones because we only have a small oven and I prefer the ones that are fried because they are easier to make. Not the ones with yeast either because I do not have yeast. Lol! And so I tried making them one sweet day!
I actually made these donuts during the time when the Krispy Kreme Glamour Glaze Donuts were trending because of Katy Perry's visit in the Philippines. No, we don't have Krispy Kreme in our area. But I do have a pan and some flour, as well as other ingredients to make my own glazed donuts!
So, if you want to add some twist to your kiddo's snack time, take a look at this very easy and very quick and very affordable No Bake, No Yeast Glazed Donuts!
For the doughnut holes:
3 cups oil for frying (or more, depends on you)
1 cup milk
1 large egg
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
4 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsalted butter,melted
Optional: Food Color
1. Combine the dry ingredients on a bowl- flour, salt, sugar and baking powder.
2. On a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
3. Gradually pour the milk-egg mixture into the bowl of your flour mixture. Stir them together.
4. When completely stirred, add the butter and stir again.
5. Knead your dough on top of a clean surface with flour sprinkled on it. When your dough is ready, cut them into desired size and start making a ring. If you want to color your dough, cut some and add color then knead until the color is evenly distributed, then make a ring.
6. Pre-heat your pan and then add oil.
7. Place your doughnuts and start frying them until golden brown. Flip it to one side too.
8. When cooked, you can put them on top of a kitchen towel to absorb the oil. Let it cool while you are making your glaze.
For the glaze:
2 cup brown sugar
1 cup water
Optional: Food Color
1. Boil 1 cup of water.
2. Add the brown sugar. Stir it until everything is dissolved.
3. If you want it to be thicker, add more sugar.
4. When done, pour on separate bowls and add food color.
5. Using a spoon, pour the glaze on the donuts or you can dip it on the glaze.
You can try different colors for the glaze. You have to put glaze quickly because it will dry up.
So easy, right? This is my first time to make doughnuts. I was in doubt if it was delicious or not, but when I saw only a quarter of a ring left of the 20 doughnuts, it means I did it right! Lol. I was thankful that they left me a small part so I can taste it.
Go ahead and try this very easy donuts! Your kids will surely love it!