10 Home Cleaning Hacks for Busy People11:05:00 AM
All kinds of homes require cleaning to function well—high-rise condos, modest apartment, or even designer prefab homes. Unfortunately, the hustle and bustle of daily life can take time away from cleaning. But don’t let work and lifestyle get away from your cleaning tasks. When life gets busy, apply these ten cleaning hacks to have spic and span rooms in a breeze.
1. Clean the insides of blenders by blending soap and waterShakes and smoothies are a sweet treat you can take any day. All’s good and well until you have to clean your blenders with sharp blades, which make the insides hard to clean.
Cleaning hack: Blend soap and water, push the button, and you’re done!
2. Disinfect objects through boilingMost disinfectants tend to be costly and have some chemical propositions that may be hazardous to your health. Disinfecting through boiling and hot water, on the other hand, is an effective and cheap way to kill germs and avoid spreading of diseases.
Cleaning hack: Wash and soak objects (toys, sheets, clothes, appliances) in hot water and soap. Be wary of some plastics, though, as it may melt under the heat.
3. Do a 15-minute clean up before going to bedDreaming of a peaceful and a good night sleep? Make 15-minute cleaning before bed a daily habit for you, your family, or your roommates. The feeling of getting everything done before going to bed is a satisfying feat. Through this, you can face the next day with no worries and dirt troubles.
Cleaning hack: Set a 15-minute timer and assign a room to clean up before going to bed. Cheers to good mornings!
4. Place a shoe rack by the doorHaving footwear all over the place, especially when you have celebrations or any form of gathering can cause dirt to lie around and be a visitor in your floors as well.
Cleaning hack: Put shoe racks or closets near the door, so your visitors can easily store their shoes and keep the floors clean.
5. Put microfiber cloths in easy to reach places for easy dustingMicrofiber cloths are cleaning wonders for when you need to dust away. Simply wiping will just leave the dust to settle to other places, and will add more cleaning time.
Cleaning hack: When in need of dusting, make sure to have a microfiber cloth nearby. Avoid wiping on greasy and oily materials, as it may damage the cloth and be less sufficient.
6. Mix lemon and baking soda to clean countertopsWhen lemon and baking soda combine, you can be sure that your surfaces will be clean in just a wipe. These two are cleaning charms and have been tried and tested already by a lot of people when it comes to cleaning. It’s safe, natural, and have few coarse chemicals to worry about.
Cleaning hack: Clean and wipe countertops and surfaces by mixing lemon juice and baking soda.
7. Use liquid shower gels to remove bathroom groutBathroom grout is one of the toughest stains you’ll have to clean and encounter. You may be squeaky clean after every refreshing bath, but your bathroom won’t be as clean as you.
To counter the grout, here’s a neat trick: use shower gels instead of bath soaps. The oils found in soap can cause grout, while shower gels have specially formulated ingredients.
Cleaning hack: Use shower gels instead of bath soap when bathing. Scrub the excess residue on the bathroom floor to clean grout.
8. Prevent rusting with petroleum jellyIt’s inevitable that metal objects will rust over time. To ensure that such objects can stand the test of time, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to avoid rusting and be usable for a long time.
Cleaning hack: Dab petroleum jelly on certain tools, metal objects, and furniture to prevent rusting.
9. Clean spilled glitter with clay or tapeWhat glitters is not usually gold, as glitters could spill on your floor and be a challenging task to clean up. No worries, though, because clay and scotch tape are here to save your day. Just place either of these two materials, and the glitter will stick to it like glue.
Cleaning hack: Pick up spilled glitter with clay or scotch tape.
10. Make salt as an alternative stain removerApart from delicious cooking, salt is also a great factor when removing stains and for home cleaning. Different kinds of salts (e.g. iodized, coarse) can be matched with other elements like lemon and vinegar to get the job done right.
Cleaning hack: Add salt to a mixture of water for stain removal. Its natural components can be your ally in home cleaning.
In all honesty, cleaning is both a refreshing and an enlightening experience. Nothing beats the feeling of a newly-cleaned and decluttered room where you can see spaces that weren’t freed up before.
Yes, the task might be grueling and tiring, but if you’ll look around the corner, cleaning comes with a lot of benefits. With these hacks, you can wipe your way to a cleaner home with little to no costs in no time.