Tips to Enhancing Your Bathroom in 201811:05:00 AM
Are you tired of the look and feel of your bathroom? Your day almost always starts in the bathroom and ends there. You wake up and head to the bathroom for a shower and brush your teeth. At the end of the day, you probably want a relaxing shower or bath to unwind and relax your tired muscles and nerves before you retire to bed for a peaceful night’s sleep.
You can revamp your existing space into something more rejuvenating and inspiring. You want to start your day feeling refreshed and energized for the tough day ahead. A properly decorated bathroom should offer you nothing less. It should also be relaxing and calming in every way. Here are five tips to help you improve your bathroom this year:
1. Change the material on your bathroom countertopReplacing the material on your bathroom countertop can give your space a completely new look. Unlike stone lab, tiled countertops are more cost-effective, water resistant and easy to install. If your vanity is stained or painted white, use white grout on the tiles and line it with white wood for a matching look. Add a clear caulk finish to protect the wood from water.
2. Refinish your bathroom fixturesReglaze your bathroom fixtures such as sinks and claw-foot tubs to give them a new finish instead of replacing them. The former is more costly than using a professional for reglazing.
3. Paint your bathroom floorIs your bathroom floor wooden? Is it worn out and beaten from wear and tear? Use porch paint on brushing boards to give your floor a new life. Match your color scheme in the bathroom with the glossy porch paint that can be tinted to suit your home’s general color scheme.
Alternatively, add colored vintage tiles on your floor to create visual interest. You can also paint your bathroom walls in two different, but complementary colors to create a layered, monochromatic look.
4. Match your floor with wallsYou can create a monochromatic effect in your bathroom by matching the color of your floor with some parts on the wall. Cellular PVC is used to make beadboard paneling. Unlike wall tiles, floor tiles are thriftier and require less maintenance than wood. On the other hand, PVS doesn’t require repainting and can withstand sloshing.
5. Tile your mirror frameDo you have a mirror in your bathroom? If yes, line or frame it with mix and match colored tiles to act as the focal point of your bathing space. Otherwise, install a stylish mirror and frame it.
Whichever reason you decide to upgrade your bathroom, make sure the accessories, accents and bathroom fixtures you use actually reflect your personality, style, preferences, and tastes. They should also complement other interior spaces in your home for a beautiful look.
If your bathroom is small, consider design styles that can make it appear larger or more spacious. Lighting is also a critical aspect of bathrooms. Make sure there are sufficient light and ventilation to illuminate your bathroom and keep it smelling fresh all day long, respectively.
Visit https://www.greatideahub.com/ to learn more ways in which you can improve your bathroom in 2018.
Image Credit: Contemporary bathroom | Master bathroom | Brunswick East - Bathroom