Ways to Make Your Favorite Meals Healthy1:29:00 PM
Does your family love a sneaky trip to the pizzeria or the local Chinese restaurant? Well what if you could still enjoy them? You just have to be a little inventive and make some small changes!
Have you ever tried frozen banana in the blender? Well it is a game changer, tastes exactly like ice-cream! You’re going to learn to make some simple changes that will have you eating healthy in no time.
1. Step Away from The French FriesThe next time you want fries try baking them instead of deep frying them liters of oil. When at home try tossing your sweet potato wedges in a bag with olive oil and semolina. This coating with ensure you get a crispy oven chip every time. You can also try using a healthy oil like coconut to help reduce your cholesterol levels.
2. Healthy Fried Rice, That Still Tastes like RiceRice can be good in moderation however, if you find that when you cook it there is enough for the whole village (and you managed it eat it all) it might be time to find an alternative.
All you need to do is roughly chop your cauliflower and throw in a food processor for a minute. You will find that the texture is very similar to rice. Use this ‘faux’ rice can be used in any dish where you would have normally used white rice and it tastes just the same. One of our favorites is cauliflower fried rice, the family didn’t even blink an eyelid when I served this one up!
3. Ditch The Dry Chicken!There might be nothing like a crunchy deep-fried chicken thigh or breast, however, can be guaranteed to feeling greasy afterwards! If you’re tried oven baked chicken breasts, thighs or legs you know they can be a little dry!
The best way to ensure your meat is juicy and succulent is by going low and slow and adding your flavor via smoke. Kids love something with a handle as well as to chew on, so smoked turkey legs are perfect! Not only is turkey leaner than chicken the grill leaves the grill will a more delicious outer crust!
4. Make Your Own Chocolate BarsIf you find you a get a hankering for chocolate, try making it yourself. There is a huge difference between cocoa and cacao, so just by making the conscious decision to understand what is in your food, will significantly improve your health.
Cacao powder is packed with nutrients and tastes just as yummy as cocoa. We love making our own truffles, it only takes a few simple ingredients such as coconut oil, cacao powder and sea salt.
5. Can’t Give Up Mac and Cheese?Processed pasta is not a good thing to eat on a regular basis. Get rid of boxed mac and cheese and make some at home. You can make a velvety cheese-based sauce with added butternut squash. This sweet taste on mac and cheese is sure to be satisfying.
Take it a step further and replace your high carb noodles with a plant-based pasta made out of chickpeas or legumes. The texture may be a little grainier than regular pasta but it tastes almost the same.
6. Make Your Own Condiments!Have you tried making your sauces? If you have ever had a read of the back you will notice that sugar is one of the main ingredients. If you see some tomatoes on sale, why not make your own tomato sauce? Or you could try making a yummy pesto. It is great to add to pasta or as a coating on chicken.
If you looking for a creamy spread like butter, why not try avocado. It is a similar texture to butter and great to spread on flatbread or toast. It is super easy to also make salsa, hummus or even salad dressing.
7. We All Scream for Healthy Ice creamWe all love ice-cream, but if you have ever brought a tub and ‘accidentally’ finished the whole tub, this can help. If you see some brown bananas at the shop or have some, don’t throw them out, peel and freeze them now! When your ready for some yummy ice-cream grab them out and throw them in the blender for 1 mins -2 mins. You will find it turns into fluffy banana ice cream in no time! You can check out how I made a banana ice cream.
It is delicious on its own, but you can add anything you love in ice-cream. You could throw in some blueberries, coconut milk or mint. You won’t believe how similar the consistency and taste is to ice cream!
Educating yourself is crucial when it comes to eating well. Rather than denying yourself or overindulging just a few tweaks here and there won’t have you missing out on anything. Turn these idea and behaviors in habits to ensure you lead the healthiest lifestyle possible (well still enjoying it)!